An exciting new venture from FMB Training has been designed especially to enable candidates to achieve the NVQ Level 5 Diploma in management via distance learning.
The programme will allow you to benchmark your own management skills with good practice in the industry and you will achieve a recognised qualification to prove you meet the standard. It will also help your business to survive and grow, even through difficult times
It is important that our Federation moves with the times, and with the increase in the use of technology in the industry, it is important that we acknowledge this by providing an IT-based solution for the training needs of our membership. This provides a flexible option to candidates who believe they are already demonstrating good practice in terms of management.
As busy managers, training often doesn’t come top of the list when factors of cost and time away from the business are considered. That’s why we’ve developed an NVQ5 management programme, FMB Online+, that delivers maximum impact at minimum cost and time away from your work. The course is delivered through a mixture of one-toone coaching and an online E portfolio and results in an NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Management. FMB Online+ is a brand new concept and our members are among the first to benefit. The programme is based on several years’ experience of delivering training to FMB members with our training partners, Esteem Ltd.
BUSINESS HEALTH CHECK
The first step is a business health check over the phone with an experienced management trainer. Based on that you will be helped to formulate a practical action plan and establish how much time you’re likely to need to complete the course.
Throughout the programme, you will have access to an FMB Online+ manager’s toolkit of resources, including templates and checklists for you to customise. You’ll also be shown how to use the online E portfolio - Learning Assistant, which will record your progress as you work towards qualification.
With regular one-to-one coaching sessions with your dedicated Assessor (an experienced management coach) you will be able to measure yourself against good practice, in terms of your management skills.
WHO SHOULD DO THE FMB PERFORMANCE+ ONLINE PROGRAMME
Candidates must be in a management position and willing to undertake an NVQ Level 5 qualification, directors, owners and managers of SME building firms (including family members) who have a management role in your firm. There are no formal entry requirements. If you want to have an initial discussion with us at FMB Training to assess suitability then please give us a call.
- One-to-one coaching from an experienced management trainer
- Online webinars to support the achievement of the NVQ5 Diploma in Management
- A toolkit of relevant templates, checklists and documents for you to customise.
- Access to ‘Learning Assistant’ - an online tool to help you record your progress and create your NVQ 5 portfolio
- Assessment leading to the NVQ level 5 Diploma in Management.
HOW LONG IT TAKES
The programme will run over a period of seven months and you will be expected to complete one unit of your NVQ5 per month. This can take up to 10 hours per month, depending on level of experience. You will be working towards deadlines which will be agreed with your Assessor as part of the initial induction session.
- Programme Introduction
- Leadership – How to motivate, communicate and get the best from your team
- Planning – Including monitoring and evaluating a job
- Managing Change
- Working Productively – Communication and motivation
- Health and Safety – Legalities and role and responsibilities of a manger
- Learning and Development
- Project Management.
WHAT IT COSTS
£200 + VAT for FMB members
- We have secured funding from ConstructionSkills Management & Leadership Development Programme, which means that your investment can be kept to a minimum.
HOW THIS PROGRAMME WILL BENEFIT YOU
- Improved management skills
- Achievement of a recognised qualification - NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Management
- Ultimately benefiting the business bottom line through better management skills, increased productivity and reduced stress on managers.
to book this course online.
Visit our Training pages
to find out more about upcoming courses.