Property Developments Ltd
Builders & Developers
Myton on Swale, York. YO61 2QY
Which Trusted Trader: Fully accredited
As a company we can cover off all aspect of work under one contract
I would be most interested to hear from you, either by telephone or email and hopefully, we can arrange a meeting to discuss your ideas further. A free, none obligatory quotation can then be provided for your consideration.
Location is not a problem as we regularly undertake work in and around Yorkshire: Leeds, Bradford, Harrogate, Ripon, York, Selby, Malton areas.
Introduction to the company
Charleswood Property Developments Ltd. is a small but well-established company, based in rural North Yorkshire. We specialise in the delivery of quality workmanship, backed up by personal and professional, customer care and attention. Offering a "One-Stop-Shop" for all your: design, building, joinery, plumbing and electrical requirements.
Let us turn your thoughts and ideas into reality...
Drawing & Design service
We offer a "No Obligation" and Comprehensive: Design, Consultation and Drawing service and work closely with architects and structural engineers
Providing drawings for:
· Review & Amendments
· Planning Submissions
· Listed Building consent
· Building Regulations
The drawings can be used to apply for both Building and Planning Applications. We ensure all drawings meet the latest building regulations and we can advise upon and act upon your behalf, as your agent, with any planning applications or issues. All drawings are issued as hard copies, and electronically in both PDF and AutoCAD file format.
What we do:
We are most interested in all work from: Minor property repairs, refurbishment, extensions right through to new build, all backed up by a professional, courteous and prompt service at all times.
All works are overseen by an experienced lead hand and where applicable, a site/project manager will be appointed to manage all aspects.
· Insurance work: All aspects
· House survey reports: General condition, electrical & plumbing
· New Build
· Restoration of listed buildings
· DDA regulation advice, design and implementation. Disabled Access
· Garages: Traditional and prefabricated
· Garden rooms & conservatories
· Minor building works & property repairs
· Loft conversions
· Roof works
· Ground works
· Landscaping: Working in conjunction with an experienced designer who has a wealth of horticultural knowledge
- Block paving
- Tarmac: Domestic and Commercial
· Garden walls, feature brick & stonework
· Tiling: All aspects
Joinery & carpentry works: All aspects
Windows & Doors: UPVC and traditional timber
Kitchens & Bathrooms: Supplied and installed
Heating and Plumbing: Oil and Gas systems, fully registered and insured.
Electrical works: Domestic: Full rewire to minor repairs & installations. Fully certified.
Insurance work: All aspect
Consultancy Work: Pre planning or purchase advice, Project: Costing, planning and scheduling
Landlord Certification: Gas and/or electrical inspections
Disability Discrimination Act: Advice design and compliance
Project Management: Independent management of your own contractors/project
The following documents will be raised for all projects:
- Contracts: Simple, straightforward and easily understood, offering reassurance for both parties.
- Project plans: Simple, straightforward and easily understood.
- Payment terms and conditions: As agreed with the client.
- Meeting notes: Regular meetings with the client will be held (and documented) and I am happy for the client to become as fully involved in the project, or not, as the case may be.
The company was established in 2008 by Mark Charles Wood, who has over 20 years of experience working in the construction industry. Many of those years spent working as a senior project manager for a major UK, Blue Chip Company, where: Quality workmanship, timely delivery, prompt and accurate communication, good customer service and satisfaction were paramount. This ethos been carried forward and is actively overseen within the company.
To date, all our work has been gained by referral or recommendation and we have many returning customers. Furthermore we are currently listed as highly recommended on the "Which Local Magazine" readers' website.
We treat all our customers as equals, on a first come first served basis.
The FMB approach is a new venture, with the aim of growing the company profile.
- To provide a quality, professional and courteous service at all times, ensuring regular and recorded contractor/customer meetings and interaction takes place.
- To defy all the negative expectations that are associated with the building trade by being timely, tidy, polite, respectful, sensibly priced and focused on delivering a first class finish.
- To take the Health and Safety of employees and customers very seriously and endeavour to ensure a clean and safe working environment at all times
- To respect your home and treat it as such: It’s your home “not a building site”
Charleswood Property Developments is a full member of the:
· Federation of Master Builders (FMB)
· Trust Mark (Government Endorsed Standards)
- Which TRusted Trader, Fully accredited
· Federation of Small Businesses (FSB)
· North Yorkshire Training Group
· VAT registered
· Limited Company
I would be most interested to hear from you, and your proposed works, either by telephone or email. Hopefully, we can arrange a meeting, where I can formally introduce myself, my company, discuss your ideas and answer any questions you may have.
Please take a look at our website which will give you a good background to the company
Recent Recommendations & Testimonials
We are listed on the “Which Local Magazine” readers, web site as “highly recommended”. Here are some of our recent customer comments
- Mark Wood and his team from Charleswood Property Developments built a single story self-contained annex onto the side of our property and I am delighted with the end result. This was the first time I'd undertaken such a big building project but Mark was very professional from the start and guided me through the whole process from initial ideas, to finding an architect, to planning application etc. Mark and his team worked extremely hard to deliver the build to my exacting standards and within my very tight deadline. I was very involved with the build and Mark always kept me informed every step of the way, he also happily answered any queries or questions I had. He even answered my phone call when I phoned him one Sunday morning! His team were punctual, professional and friendly and worked extremely hard, even through some awful weather, as the build was during winter. I would not hesitate to recommend Mark and his team for any building work and feel lucky that I found such a trustworthy, honest and reliable team for my build.
Mrs Mary, Leeds
- Under his company name of Charleswood Property Developments, Mark Wood project manages a team of carefully chosen labourers and craftsmen (plumber, electrician, bricklayer, plasterer, joiner, decorator, etc.). The company’s work is of an excellent standard, as I discovered when they worked on my house over a period of about 5 weeks in the spring. Any problems are quickly sorted out with Mark, a totally honest person who genuinely cares about customer satisfaction. It’s wonderful to have one person to speak to about any aspect of the job. I have no hesitation in recommending Charleswood.
Mrs Jan Wilford, York
- We moved to York last year, our house required extensive renovation and modernisation. Being new to the area we didn’t know anyone who could recommend a reputable builder. So we used the Federation of Master Builders website and contacted Charleswood Property Developments. We spent quite some time with Mark discussing and planning the work, which was eventually carried out in two main phases to our complete satisfaction. We have also used him more recently for other, relatively minor issues. We would not hesitate to use him again, or to recommend him to others. The reasons for this are as follows: He only uses trusted, quality tradesmen, produces a plan of action from the outset, explains everything clearly, keeps in regular contact, and produces an itemised invoice on completion. Above all, knowing Mark is contactable and responsive after completion gives peace of mind.
Mr & Mrs Castle, York
Quality and Service
We engaged Charleswood Property Developments to carry out a range of repairs and renovations to our house and have been delighted at the quality of work and level of service. The workmen were skilled and took pains to do a good job. They were reliable, coming when they said they would and keeping us informed of progress. Their courtesy also made them very easy to deal with.
The work came in on budget and the costs were clearly explained beforehand so we have no hesitation in recommending Charleswood Property Developments and we will be using them again.
Mrs Armstrong. Leeds
Mark and his team have just completed a kitchen diner renovation, outhouse conversion, and removal of a chimney and the creation of a new downstairs toilet for us. From the initial contact and throughout the 5 weeks of building work Mark kept us fully informed at every step of the way. His communication skills are outstanding and always replied to any phone call, email or text really quickly. This alone puts him in a league of his own. We are delighted at the finished product and have been very impressed at the professionalism of all the trades’ people he engaged. Work was finished within agreed timescales, fully costed and to a very high standard. We would, without hesitation, highly recommend Mark and his team and will happily ask him to undertake any work we might plan in the future.
Gerard and Jess. York
Thank you for a job well done, we are delighted with it. We had precise costs and knew what was to be done before work started. We met all your men who arrived on time on the day, did a super job and cleared the site before leaving. To cap it all you drafted in extra help who finished the work whilst we were out for the day to save us a further day’s disruption.
We will use your services again and certainly recommend your services to others.
Peter & Margaret. Northallerton
Mark Wood and his team are trustworthy, reliable, considerate and hard working.
Mark prepared a realistic, achievable and flexible plan for the installation of a new bathroom; internal doors and repair work to our garage roof.
Mark consistently resolved issues promptly and effectively. The team clearly took pride in their work and demonstrated flexibility and tenacity when dealing with unexpected challenges.
We are very pleased with everything and can highly recommend Mark and his team."
Richard & Anne Sykes. Haxby
Excellent communication from first contact to completion, very pleasant staff, very prompt, you delivered exactly what you promised. Extremely pleased.
A good job well done.
RS Ainsworth. Greenhammerton
Overall, I am very happy. I was impressed on the timely arrival and co-ordination of all the guys who attended the job. A very good set of guys and a professional job. Let me have your invoice and I will pay promptly.
J Barker Easingwold
"Once we had decided we wanted an extension to our house the next stage was how to find a good builder. We’d never done anything like this before so were a little nervous. We started with the FMB website and put contact details on there.
We had quite a few responses and saw about 6 people all together, having whittled it down to 3 over time we decided on Charleswood Property Services. Our decision was based on really good communication, a real interest in what we wanted, the advice given and the questions asked.
The extension is now finished and we are delighted with it. The extension blends in seamlessly with the rest of the house, down to the type of bricks, stones and the design work. The attention to detail by the building team was brilliant.
We are considering more work to the house but will have to go to planning firstly and we will use Charleswood Property Services again.
R Howden. Tadcaster
Charleswood Property Services developed a first floor extension to our house. The work was competitively priced, started and completed on schedule and was finished to a high standard. The staff on-site were friendly, courteous and delivered the build taking into account our need, with a young family, of maintaining access to a functioning kitchen, washing machine etc. Someone from the company was on site every day (which I was pleased with, as I’d heard stories of builders stopping/starting jobs) and visible progress was always made. Mark, the proprietor, kept in regular contact and updated me on changes to plans etc. and made regular checks that the work was progressing. We are delighted with the end product and I would highly recommend Charleswood Property Services to other people requiring building services”
M Peters. York
We are delighted with the work and all the workmen have been polite, friendly and helpful, a real credit to you!
Mr Jones: Selby
Yet another fantastic job, you never fail to impress!
M Shadbolt. York
Further references can be made available upon request.
Office: 01423 360622
Mobile: 07545 236042
Mark Charles Wood
Charleswood Property Developments Ltd Trading as: Charleswood Property Developments Ltd
Registered Office: 30 Yorkersgate, Malton. North Yorkshire. YO17 7AW
Directors: MC Wood & ME Wood
VAT Registration No: 985 3831 75