The Cut the VAT Campaign Coalition is an alliance of more than 60 charities, trade associations
, business groups and financial institutions that are urging all mainstream political parties to include a 2015 General Election manifesto commitment to reduce VAT on housing renovation and repair work from 20% to 5%.
Join us in calling on the UK Government to cut the rate of VAT on housing renovation and repair in order to:
- Boost economic growth;
- Significantly increase employment opportunities and apprenticeships;
- Create greener and warmer homes;
- Reduce the cost of living;
- Bringing more empty homes back into use to help stem the housing crisis;
- Reduce the number of rogue traders working in the construction industry.
We are therefore asking all organisations and individuals to join the Cut the VAT Campaign Coalition
to help ensure all mainstream political parties include a 2015 General Election manifesto commitment to reduce VAT on housing renovation and repair. This will help the UK secure long-term economic growth, fulfil our environmental pledges and lessen the impact of the cost of living crisis on hard-working individuals and families.
It is important to know that there are a few areas of work where a VAT registered builder would not have to charge VAT at 20%. Find out more.