Training is a business investment that will allow you to
develop a well qualified, confident and capable workforce. There is
funding available to help you pay for training, and to work out what
training you need.
CITB provides a range of grants to registered construction companies to
cover workforce development, from assessment to college attendance to
taking a health & safety test. CITB advisors can help
you to develop a Training & Development Plan for your business, and advise you on claiming grant.
For further information click here for available grants. For queries on payment of CITB levy, or grant claims, please call the CITB Grant/Levy helpline on:
- England: 0344 994 4455
- Scotland: 0344 994 8800
- Wales: 0344 994 7000
has raised the Training grant day rate from £22.50 to £50 for the period
2012/13.You can claim for attendance on construction-related
training courses of six hours or more for your construction employees,
labour-only sub-contractors (LOSC) and agency staff. For further details please
see CITB Short duration grant.
You can claim for attendance on construction-related training courses
of six hours or more for your construction employees, labour-only
sub-contractors (LOSC) and agency staff.
The grant is £50 per person for each full day of training.
This is available to a maximum number of days, based on the number of
Pay as You Earn (PAYE) staff you employ and LOSC you use, or to a total
of £5,000 per Grants Scheme year.
Grant is available for:
- training of six hours or more which is directly related to the construction industry
- supervisory and management courses for technical and site management occupations
- sales and marketing courses, for sales staff employed by house builders or kitchen and bathroom fitters
- environmental and sustainability courses
- customer services staff employed by plant and equipment hire businesses, who attend construction-related courses
- training under the Construction Industry Scaffolding Record Scheme (CISRS)
To claim this grant download and complete the 2012/2013 Grant Claim Form and send it to CITB Shared Services team by the closing date of 31 October 2013.
You must keep evidence of the training which you have completed to support your claims.