“Conserving the past – Building the future”
English Limestone Company is an established business with a proven record of always endeavouring to offer a service and a finished product of quality, covering -
• The reproduction of specialist replacement architectural masonry.
• The production and working of stone masonry for new build
• The restoration and conservation of aged and damaged period buildings.
The Company is lead by a managing director with over fortyfive years of experience, giving him an extensive knowledge covering traditional building methods and modern technical applications and the use of English Limestone in new build and restoration.
Our saw sheds and workshops are based close to the A1 in the East Midlands and it is here we bring in block stone from a number of quarries – always those English quarries who are able to supply limestone of top grade which has stood the test of time and whose name is synonymous with quality
• Local quarries offering Ancaster Hard White, Ancaster Weatherbed and Cadeby limestone.
• From further afield, Oxfordshire Ironstone, Cotswold Stone, Guiting and Bath Stone.
• And other stones as specified by or best suited to a contract.
Our client base is wide and varied, supplying our fellow members of the stonemasonry industry, Developers, Estates, educational and ecclesiastical establishments as well as a range of requirements for private clients - as we hope the photographs throughout our web site illustrate.