A J N Builders
114 Livingstone Road,
Chimney Renovation Henfield
One of the aspects of building work that I most enjoy is learning how to work on ancient buildings. It offers not only the chance to understand the techniques used by master builders in past centuries but the opportunity to learn new skills and use different materials.
I was priviledged to be able to consult with an advisor from SPAB (the Society for the Presevation of Ancient Buildings) who was able to concur with the method/materials I suggested to remain in keeping with the rest of the building and preserve the intergrity of the structure.
In order to renovate this old building sympathetically we re-pointed the chimney with lime NHL 3.5 Mortar to match the existing, the cap was re-built in cement mortar.
The initial problem that brought the client to us was that the chimney stack had deteriorated to the extent that it was unsound and was leaking. I'm pleased to say that neither gale nor foul weather is an issue now and it has been well and truly tested this Autumn!
This project has just been completed, November 2016.
It's been a great job as the extension has been from the ground up so we were able to see it through from beginning to end. This means it is built is to the highest spec with none of the "idiosyncrasies" that we sometimes see when refurbing or in the period housing stock we so often work on locally.
The shallow pitch -15 degrees- caused us some puzzling but after some fairly intense discussion and a bit of research we found exactly the right product to tile the roof.
Conversion - Betting Shop to a Home
Out Building Project in Rural Kent
- Has a minimum of twelve months trading
- Have provided a professional reference
- Have passed credit checks, public record and director checks
- Verified no un-discharged bankruptcies or relevant and outstanding County Court Judgments
- Has Public and Employer (if applicable) Liability Insurance
- VAT registration (if applicable)
- Confirmation of business address/details
- A J N Builders has agreed to abide by the FMB Disputes Resolution and Complaints Procedures
- Has signed up to the FMB Code of Practice
- Can offer the suite of Build Assure warranty products for the domestic and commercial markets (contact the Build Assure office for rates)