Discerning Developments Ltd
7 Morley Road,
Discerning Developments' Managing Director is David Harris, a builder with an engineering degree and fine art training at establishments including the Chelsea School of Art and Design.
Finding himself regularly approached to offer aesthetic but practical solutions to construction projects, the company was set up as a direct result, with the aim of fusing his two areas of interest and expertise.
His eye for fine detail, quality of workmanship and emphasis on working within an existing house style or even completely transforming one (depending on the client's requirements) are just a few of the factors that give the company the edge in today's competitive marketplace. We are happy to provide interested parties with contacts for some of our more than satisfied customers who can testify to work being completed on time, to budget and a high standard of workmanship.
Structural Work & Renovation, Wandsworth
Structural work to rear of the property enabled us to completely transform the kitchen and dining areas. Engineered oak flooring flowing seamlessly throughout the entire ground floor finished off the look, as did the new patio creating a fantastic airy entertaining space.
Loft Conversion, Extension & Refurbishment, Roehampton
As featured in 25 Beautiful homes magazine November 2015.
This project consisted of a loft conversion, rear extension, significant remodelling and a complete refurbishment from top to bottom, including new plumbing, electrics, fitted wardrobes and furniture. Being in a conservation area, exterior changes were minimized but the interior was given a modern facelift while maintaining some original features.
FMB member with TrustMark
- Have signed the TrustMark license
- Have had an inspection on a job in progress on joining and on a completed development every three years thereafter
- Has a minimum of twelve months trading
- Verified no un-discharged bankruptcies or relevant and outstanding County Court Judgments
- Have passed credit checks, public record and director checks
- Has Public and Employer (if applicable) Liability Insurance
- VAT registration (if applicable)
- Confirmation of business address/details
- Discerning Developments Ltd has agreed to abide by the FMB Disputes Resolution and Complaints Procedures
- Has signed up to the FMB Code of Practice
- Can offer the suite of FMB Insurance warranty products for the domestic and commercial markets (contact the FMB Insurance office for rates)