True North Building Services is under the sole control of John Russell. The company carry out small one off jobs to medium work ranging from; extensions, loft conversions with a full design service. Traditional or contemporary kitchens and bathrooms also with a full design service, structural defects (dropped lintels, corroded wall ties, etc) specialist in re-pointing traditional lime or modern cement, damp proofing, flat and pitched re-roofing or repair, underground drainage and groundwork inclusive of block paving. Orangeries, conservatories windows and doors. Commercial works include maintenance work for local estate agents and local commercial buisnesses. True North is a locally based company and will travel to Alnwick, Morpeth, Newcastle Upon Tyne and surounding areas. John who is a hands on builder will alsways be present on your project and he is fully committed to quality workmanship. True North has the necessary skills and experience required to complete your build project within time and on budget. A free consultation is provide where your project requirements will be discussed in detail also at this stage a free fixed price quotation will be submitted. As a TrustMark member a full 10 year insurance backed guarantee can also be supplied with all projects. Please feel free to telephone or email to discuss your project thank you.
J Russell Building Contractor Limited
The extension below was very unusual as part of the weight bearing roof sits on a 100mm x 100mm corner post. The steel work involved within the roof space was very complex to achieve the look of glass flowing right through the new extension. The structural engineer designed the roof to canter leaver in to the main building to take the weight off the corner of the building. The extension was very complex and interesting to work on.We also constructed the patio and walling to the side of the extension.
wet room and single storey extension
The top picture was carried out for the local authority, the wet room was designed for a child with disabilities but also had to function for the whole family. In order to achieve this the existing bathroom was removed and replaced with the level dec system, this system has no step which allows the shower area floor to be the same level as the rest of the flooring area. This is achieved by gradient so no shower water escapes from the shower area. The second picture is a single story extension which was carried out for the police benevolent fund. The planning, architects drawings and construction was all carried out to an exceptionally high standard. The build went really smooth and was a pleasure to complete.
FMB member with TrustMark
- Have signed the TrustMark license
- Have had an inspection on a job in progress on joining and on a completed development every three years thereafter
- Has a minimum of twelve months trading
- Verified no un-discharged bankruptcies or relevant and outstanding County Court Judgments
- Have passed credit checks, public record and director checks
- Has Public and Employer (if applicable) Liability Insurance
- VAT registration (if applicable)
- Confirmation of business address/details
- J Russell Building Contractor Limited has agreed to abide by the FMB Disputes Resolution and Complaints Procedures
- Has signed up to the FMB Code of Practice
- Can offer the suite of FMB Insurance warranty products for the domestic and commercial markets (contact the FMB Insurance office for rates)