John Dynes & Son
17 Ballygelagh Road,
New Build in Carryduff - Overall Winner/Best New Home at the 13th Master Builder Awards 2017
This maginificent new build family home in Carryduff, just outside Belfast, earned John Dynes & Son the title of Master Builder of the Year 2017, as well as winning the Best New Home category.
The 6300 square foot property consists of an open-plan kitchen with living area, a utility room with a separate laundry room, a games room, cinema room, reception, a common room and five bedrooms complete with en-suites. John Dynes combined traditional materials such as slate, wood and render with the modern feel of glass and steel panelling, giving the building a cutting-edge appearance whilst effortlessly blending in with its environment.
As a family home the kitchen is the centre of the house, and it contains a visually striking floating fireplace made from Donegal slate, creating a unique centrepiece.
Other stand-out features include a hybrid roof constructed of traditional pitch slate and zinc and a floating walnut staircase featuring a glass balustrade with LED lighting hidden beneath each tread.
Innovative and creative touches are found throughout the property, such as hidden doors linking the kitchen to the utility room and an ingenious cinema room that benefits from specially built-in furniture to accommodate the screen, hidden speakers and eco-friendly LED strip lighting.
John Dynes & Son faced a few major challenges during the build process. The floating stone fireplace that the client requested needed to hang off steel beams which were already supporting the mezzanine. Through meetings with the architect this obstacle was overcome, and in addition these discussions resulted in a clever drainage solution for the roof that hides the pipes, keeping the building's sleek aesthetic.
The largest difficulty, however, came when the client moved the completion date forward by eight weeks, as they sold their house earlier than anticipated. The team went above and beyind to achieve this, allowing the client to move in without any problems.
This project exemplified contemporary design as well as excellence in craftsmanship and customer service.
- Has a minimum of twelve months trading
- Have provided a professional reference
- Have passed credit checks, public record and director checks
- Verified no un-discharged bankruptcies or relevant and outstanding County Court Judgments
- Has Public and Employer (if applicable) Liability Insurance
- VAT registration (if applicable)
- Confirmation of business address/details
- John Dynes & Son has agreed to abide by the FMB Disputes Resolution and Complaints Procedures
- Has signed up to the FMB Code of Practice
- Can offer the suite of Build Assure warranty products for the domestic and commercial markets (contact the Build Assure office for rates)