Lauren Builders are a building company based in Peterborough, covering domestic and commercial work. The company is owned and run by father and son Mick and Lee Gapper, who have over 30 years of experience in the building industry.
To give you full peace of mind, Lauren Builders are proud members of the Federation of Master Builders, and were the first company in Peterborough to sign the TrustMark License. All of our work is fully project managed, and no deposits are required for us to get started on your job. Lauren Builders are MasterBond and TrustMark licensed and are specialised in many areas.
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Barn Conversions
- Listed Buildings
- Garage Conversions
- Planning & Applications
- End to end Project Management
Single storey extension and new build garage
This project was independently inspected as part of the FMB membership criteria on 27/11/18
"Lauren Builders are nearing the completion of the side elevation to this property. This part of the property will be turned into a games room/bar area. The original extension which stood here had a flat roof. This has been removed and a vaulted ceiling has been built with large exposed oak beams.
Lots of issues were found when removing the old roof such as the building being 165mm out of square. Lauren Builders have taken great effort to rectify this. A new build garage has been built away from the main property.
The craftsmanship visible throughout this build is to an extremely high standard. An owl hatch was also included in the gable end. All the timber and masonry work is to an exceptional standard. Speaking with the homeowners it became evident that Mick has become a close friend. Design changes have been discussed at all stages with the homeowners.
Mick was very proud of the workmanship that his team has put into this (and other) build. All the work inspected was to a standard you would expect from a Master Builder."
Extension, The Old Rectory
Lauren Builders undertook this large extension for the Old Rectory in Glinton, Peterborough, creating a new family room and kitchen. This brilliant project won the Best Residential Conversion or Extension Award at the 2012 Peterborough Development and Environment Awards. Here's what they had to say:
"It is our view that the new extension at The Old Rectory was carefully thought through in terms of its overall design and detailing. In addition to this the works have been implemented to a very high standard. A new room that fulfils the Clients aspirations and enhances the existing property".
Conversion, Southorpe Village
Lauren Builders completed a new build conversion to this Grade II listed property in Southorpe Village, near Stamford. The conversion created a new kitchen and office.
FMB member with TrustMark
- Have signed the TrustMark license
- Have had an inspection on a job in progress on joining and on a completed development every three years thereafter
- Has a minimum of twelve months trading
- Verified no un-discharged bankruptcies or relevant and outstanding County Court Judgments
- Have passed credit checks, public record and director checks
- Has Public and Employer (if applicable) Liability Insurance
- VAT registration (if applicable)
- Confirmation of business address/details
- Lauren Builders has agreed to abide by the FMB Disputes Resolution and Complaints Procedures
- Has signed up to the FMB Code of Practice
- Can offer the suite of FMB Insurance warranty products for the domestic and commercial markets (contact the FMB Insurance office for rates)