Lowry Building & Civil Engineering Ltd
The Old Bank, 7 John Street,
Silverbirch Hotel - Commercial Project Winner at the 13th Master Builder Awards 2017
Lowry Building & Civil Engineering won the Commercial Project award at the 13th FMB Master Builder Awards for their renovation work on the Silverbirch Hotel in Omagh. We had the difficulty of working in a 'live', fully operational hotel and we rose to the challenge, creating a dramatic redevelopment whilst making sure that the staff and customers went undisturbed.
The brief was to complete a renovation that would secure the Silverbirch Hotel as the first choice for weddings and business functions in Northern Ireland. The work involved the complete redevelopment of the Drumragh Suite, allowing it to hold 400 seated guests in addition to a function space on the lower ground floor with a capacity of 700 people.
The team demolished the existing function room and replaced it with a stylish, relaxed bar which opens up into a courtyard, complete with mounted televisions and outdoor seating. Lowry Building & Civil Engineering worked in close collaboration with the client throughout the project. This honest and communicative partnership allowed the project to be delivered well within time and budget.
Hotel staff visited at each stage of the process so that they could familarise themselves and undertand the approach of the build were arranged for the hotel staff during each. Lowry Building & Civil Engineering were on-hand and on site throughout to answer questions and solve any problems, something that was necessary during the risks of working in an operational hotel environment.
The result is a truly impressive, bespoke building with quality workmanship. The real testament to the success of Lowry Building & Civil Engineering is that thanks to the renovation, the hotel has already exceeded booking expectations this year.
- Has a minimum of twelve months trading
- Have provided a professional reference
- Have passed credit checks, public record and director checks
- Verified no un-discharged bankruptcies or relevant and outstanding County Court Judgments
- Has Public and Employer (if applicable) Liability Insurance
- VAT registration (if applicable)
- Confirmation of business address/details
- Lowry Building & Civil Engineering Ltd has agreed to abide by the FMB Disputes Resolution and Complaints Procedures
- Has signed up to the FMB Code of Practice
- Can offer the suite of Build Assure warranty products for the domestic and commercial markets (contact the Build Assure office for rates)