Thank you for visiting our FMB web pages. We are a small building and Roofing Contracting firm specialiseing in the restoration and maintenance of traditional, period and historical buildings. We have a wide knowledge and experience within this area of construction, all our staff are apprentice trained and qualified. We can offer help, advice and a competative tender for your building project, please contact michael for any further information.
Michael Thorp Roofing Contractors Ltd
131 York Road,
Long standing member
Farm House extension and refurbishment
This Farm house refurbishment included a new conservatory with standard patent glazed roof system, rear courtyard landscaping and extension to the left of the picture, the roof was also relaid using best Welsh slate. The chimney stacks were rebuilt new leadwork was installed to complete the total restoration of the roof.
The second picture shows the south elevation . A utility room extension was formed, accessed through the side door to the right of the picture. A dormer window was formed in the existing roof to give more light and landscaping was included to give better access .
This project involved taking off the old roof and building a new purpose built replacement. The old hip roof was replaced with a brick cavity gable end,with steel ridge tree spaning back to the party wall then incorparating the large flat roof dormer .
This enabled the formation of a large extra bedroom.
This second image shows a flatroof repair .
- Has a minimum of twelve months trading
- Have provided a professional reference
- Have passed credit checks, public record and director checks
- Verified no un-discharged bankruptcies or relevant and outstanding County Court Judgments
- Has Public and Employer (if applicable) Liability Insurance
- VAT registration (if applicable)
- Confirmation of business address/details
- Michael Thorp Roofing Contractors Ltd has agreed to abide by the FMB Disputes Resolution and Complaints Procedures
- Has signed up to the FMB Code of Practice
- Can offer the suite of Build Assure warranty products for the domestic and commercial markets (contact the Build Assure office for rates)