Your dreams - Our passion
We'll build yours with quality, care and attention to detail
R J Bacon Builders Ltd have been successfully developing its family building business in North Norfolk since 1992 and has thus acquired an extensive expertise in a broad variety of construction projects.
Robert and Sue Bacon began the business with the objective and enthusiasm to offer quality workmanship, attention to detail and client centred guidance throughout all projects undertaken. We now directly employ a team of 14 tradesmen, of whom more than half have been with the company over 10 years. Our skilled tradesmen are passionate about their industry and the quality of work that they produce. Qualifications and skills including professional Diplomas in Building Conservation provide the expertise to work on a wide variety of projects from renovating listed buildings including scheduled monuments, building your DREAM bespoke new home, extensions whether large or small and commercial projects.
Moreover, Roberts keen interest in historic buildings inspired him to complete a professional development diploma in the conservation of historic buildings interiors and sites under John Ashurst in 1999 for which he qualified in 2007. This qualification allows us to offer conservation and restoration of historic and listed properties, covering both domestic and commercial project along with consultancy services on listed buildings. Encouraged by his father, Rob’s son Jack followed in his footsteps and in 2015 qualified with a professional development diploma in historic building conservation and repair
We work closely with our clients to ensure the property works for their personal and commercial needs whilst retaining the bespoke homely feel, retaining the charm of the character properties and not afraid of blending old and new to enable a clean, light modern interiors if preferred. Our customers value our guidance and experience, the service that we provide stands apart from many in our industry, from the first phone call or email we always do our best to ensure that your proposed project works for you and that you get the best value in both usability and financial value helping you bring your dream to life with confidence.
- Professional Development Diploma in Building Conservation which permits us to work on scheduled monuments (of the highest historic value)
- All tradesmen are either City & Guilds qualified or hold NVQ qualifications
- Virtually all employees have a basic First Aid qualification
- Health and Safety is very important to us and we regularly hold in house training days along with taking specific specialist advice to ensure that all our employees are competent and conversant with the latest legislation.
- 2019 - Federation of Master Builders – Regional Award Winner for Large Renovation Project
- 2019 - Federation of Master Builders – Regional Award Winner for Medium Renovation Project
- 2013 - Graham Allen Award Winner for the 11th Century Augustinian Priory at Weybourne
- 2010 - Itteringham Mill is through to the regional final (30 April 2010) for the LABC Awards
- 2009 - Short listed for the Graham Allen Award for Spray Cottage
- 2007- Federation of Master Builders - Regional Award Winner for Small Renovation Project
- 2007- Federation of Master Builders - Regional Award Commended for Small Renovation Project
- 2006 -Federation of Master Builders - Regional Award Winner for a Commercial Project
- 2006 -Norfolk Association of Architects Craftsmanship Award
- 2005 -The Graham Allen Award