Alcumus SafeContractor is regarded as one of the most credible health and safety accreditation schemes in the UK. It prides itself on the unrivalled support it provides its members to ensure their health and safety paper work is up to date.
As the number of fines and prosecutions issued to UK businesses increases, safety at work is becoming more and more important. Whether a business is a sole trader or has 500 employees it has a legal responsibility to protect its business, employees and customers.
The SafeContractor solution
How does SafeContractor accreditation benefit construction contractors?
- It provides peace of mind that businesses have the relevant processes and paper work in place to comply with legislation and protect their business when working on site.
- It helps businesses stay ahead of the competition and win more work opportunities when in the tender process.
- It demonstrates a business’s commitment to health and safety by displaying the SafeContractor seal of approval. It’s the sign of a professional and credible contractor business.
Why choose SafeContractor?
- 30,000 UK contractors are members of SafeContractor
- SSiP-approved health and safety accreditation scheme for over 20 years
- The largest UK-based, in-house team of health and safety auditors dedicated to helping contractors every step of the way
- Hundreds of large UK organisations recognise SafeContractor as their chosen health and safety partner and will only work with accredited contractors, opening members up to more work opportunities
FMB member offers
Login to the FMB members area to download SafeContractor’s free health and safety guide and find out how achieving a health and safety accreditation with Alcumus SafeContractor can benefit your construction business.
Additionally, we have an exclusive 10% discount on SafeContractor membership for FMB members, please login to find out more.
“In the last two years our business has seen significant growth because of our SafeContractor accreditation. We have recently been awarded work with two of the biggest companies in the UK, one of which we now work across a number of their sites – this will double our business turnover!
If we did not have SafeContractor accreditation, we would not be allowed to work on these sites.
As a small business this is a big milestone for us and a step in the right direction – long may it continue”
Mike Peters, Operations Director - City Fire Solutions Ltd
Video case study
Dean Port from Crystal Electronics explains how SafeContractor accreditation has benefited his business…