We are calling on the industry, the Northern Ireland Executive and Members of the Legislative Assembly to work together to maximise the positive impact that the construction sector has on Northern Ireland.
The FMB has five key asks of the incoming Executive:
- Establish a VAT reimbursement fund for home repair, maintenance, and energy efficiency improvements.
- Address the acute, worsening skills gap.
- Reform the planning system.
- Deliver an ambitious Housing Supply Strategy.
- Simplify the tendering process.
The construction industry in Northern Ireland is a key economic driver, with more than 65,000 people employed in the sector.