In this video Tom Parsons of Master Builder company Olive & Umber Ltd talks about the steps you can take to ensure you find the right builder for your renovation, extension or new build project, and how you can then manage your working relationship to deliver the right results. The video was originally produced and shown at the 2020 Homebuilding and Renovating Summer Virtual show.
Key points covered in the presentation include:
- The importance of finding the right builder for your project, and how to go about doing this.
- How asking to see your contractor’s previous work and speaking to their previous clients can give you insight into how the partnership is likely to develop.
- Preparing a clear brief for your builder, and how this can help you secure more accurate quotes and ultimately set the foundations for a successful working partnership.
- Using a contract to ensure all parties are aware of their responsibilities at every stage during the project.
- Establishing ground rules covering the use of site facilities and working hours.
- Preparing your property for your builder’s arrival so that they can start promptly.
- The value of maintaining communication channels with your builder throughout the build process.
Check out the articles below for more information on how to make your home renovation project a success: