Many of us are guilty of searching for the cheapest rate possible to save money, but cheaper does not always mean better. It’s important to do your research before going ahead with a new policy as it could cost you more money down the line.
The team at FMB Insurance, a subsidiary of the Federation of Master Builders, pride themselves on being construction insurance specialists. Their in-depth knowledge of the industry is second to none. Here FMB Insurance offers some advice on quality versus price and what to consider before choosing your provider:
1. Research your policy and check what’s covered
A cheaper alternative may mean that you are not covered for everything you’d expect. This could be costly if something happens and you later realise you’re not covered under your policy. Check the small print and the exclusions. Are the fees transparent or will items later be added to your original quote? Consider not just your business needs but also how best to protect your sites. What are the conditions of your tool or van cover? Is your main office building insured?
2. Check who underwrites the policy
Is the company credible and covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)? Would you be eligible to complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) if you needed to?
3. Understand your own needs before you start searching
How many staff do you need to cover under your policy? Do you require cover for the loss of income as well as damage to buildings and contents? Make sure you know exactly what is covered and that you have the right level for your needs.
Choose construction insurance specialists
FMB Insurance can offer guidance on the right level of cover to suit your individual requirements and protect your builds now and for the future. You can be safe in the knowledge that your insurance is in the right hands. While FMB Insurance is not the cheapest, they offer quality service, expertise, and experience. Here’s why FMB Insurance is different:
- One point of contact – they are not a huge call centre. From the word go, you are assigned a personal representative and will maintain that contact throughout your time with FMB Insurance, meaning a more personal level of service and not having to deal with different agents each time.
- FMB Insurance only works with market leaders.
- Their underwriters are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
- FMB Insurance offers transparent pricing with no hidden fees.
- If you’re taking out a New Homes policy, they don’t require customers to put money into an Escrow account.
- The expert and qualified team of in-house surveyors collectively have over 100 years of experience and are members of RICS.
The friendly team is always on hand to talk through your policy or requirements and answer any questions you may have. Call 01353 652760 or visit www.fmbinsurance.co.uk for further information.