The Green Register, with 20 years of training construction professionals in sustainable building has won grant money to offer contractors a generously subsidised route to accessing Green Homes Grant Voucher Scheme works. Wrapping online Futureproof Essentials retrofit skills training with PAS2030 certification and Trustmark registration at a hugely discounted cost, the Futureproof Skills & Certification programme has limited places for contractors up until May 2021.
At the moment, there is huge demand from customers wanting works under the Green Homes Grant Voucher Scheme and not enough contractors to undertake the works.
Why become PAS2030/Trustmark registered?
PAS2030 isn’t just for the GHG scheme – it’s mandatory for contractors wishing to access the Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery (LAD) scheme works, Energy Company Obligation (ECO) scheme works, the upcoming Home Upgrade Grant (HUG) scheme and is likely to become a procurement standard for local authority retrofit works. Now is the time to train your team in retrofit skills and get the certification you need to access these work opportunities and grow your business. Contractors who get on board now will benefit the most from this rapidly growing market that will create energy-efficient, healthier and more comfortable homes fit for the future. You’ll be part of the solution in reducing our national carbon emissions, up to 40% of which are estimated to come from households.
Futureproof Skills & Certification programme
This programme offers contractors a route-to-market package that wraps training with certification. For a one-off payment, SME contractor companies can access Futureproof Essentials online retrofit training, PAS2030 certification on a single measure plus Trustmark accreditation - all at a heavily subsidised cost. The overarching aim is to encourage installer access to GHG voucher scheme works and enable more homeowners to take advantage of the vouchers, in turn stimulating the local economy and jobs market.
A summary of the Futureproof Skills & Certification programme
- 100 places for contracting businesses to benefit from Futureproof Essentials retrofit skills training + PAS2030 support/certification in one measure + Trustmark registration at £1,750 (no VAT applicable) per company (saving around £2,300+ per company)
- 200 extra Futureproof Essentials training places for up to two members of the same team of the certifying company
- 50 discounted Futureproof Essentials training places for contractors who are currently unemployed at £100 per learner (saving £199)
- The FPSC programme ends 31 May 2021; all applications to be submitted by 15 April 2021
- More information and registration at https://www.greenregister.org.uk/futureproof
How it works
1. Contracting company signs up at www.greenregister.org.uk/futureproof, pays one-off fee and registers (can nominate up to two team members for training, inclusive within package)
2. They start online Futureproof Essentials training - an introductory course in retrofit
3. In addition to providing a generous subsidy, we have enlisted the services of FCA Compliance, who offer full administrative support in obtaining the PAS - this saves contractors a lot of time and effort. The contractor is referred to start the PAS paperwork with FCA at the same time as training begins.
4. Contractors are then referred to British Assessment Bureau (BAB), who issue the PAS2030:19 certification and Trustmark registration.
5. Site inspections are necessary for QA after this stage, but the contractor can start responding and quoting for GHG voucher scheme works immediately upon receipt of certificate
The savings to each contractor are quite considerable under this programme. Please see attached an outline cost comparison along with a news release for your information.
The FPSC programme is available for access for any contractor working on GHG in England. The Green Homes Grant Voucher Scheme is due to run until March 2022.