Employers will no longer need to claim for training using the CITB grant scheme. A new initiative, part of the CITB Employer Network Pilot, has been set up and funded by CITB covering Croydon, Lambeth Sutton and Merton.
What are the benefits of joining the pilot scheme?
This is an opportunity to be part of a new employer-led approach to providing funding for training and skills delivery locally, where:
- employers decide how funds are used and on what;
- employers decide how much of the funds contribute towards each training package; and
- employers will no longer need to claim for training using the CITB grant scheme.
A flexible approach
Employer Networks are testing a more flexible funding approach than is available through current CITB funding routes. Key benefits to this include:
- Training isn’t limited to a prescriptive list or restricted to a certain amount of financial support, as it is with the short duration grant scheme;
- Training doesn’t need to be agreed up front, unlike with the CITB’s Skills & Training fund; and
- Employer Networks are able to respond more quickly to changing local skill needs.
Want to know more?
If you would like to know more about the scheme just get in touch with Sam McLaughlin, who is the CITB’s Croydon, Lambeth Sutton and Merton Engagement Adviser via [email protected] or 07776 092946.