The Welsh Government is offering grants through the Flexible Skills Programme (FSP) to upskill and reskill your workforce in net zero skills. This will help you reach future markets and respond to a fast-changing economy. Some of the benefits of net zero skills within your workforce could include:
- reducing energy costs and saving money in the long-term
- increasing your chances of winning new business
- the ability to offer innovative new products and services
- becoming more efficient and improve your business’s resilience
- improving your brand image and building customers’ trust and loyalty
- setting best practice protocols for others to follow
- meeting existing and future standards and regulations
- developing a more diverse workforce
What support is available?
Through the FSP, the Welsh Government can subsidise businesses with 50% of the procured net zero training costs, using a provider(s) of your choice. This could include; identifying and developing a Net Zero Plan or support towards net zero training courses and qualifications.
What is the Flexible Skills Programme?
The Flexible Skills Programme is a training grant, available to all employers in Wales, that wish to purchase training courses from third party training providers for them to meet their business’s upskilling objectives.
Funding from the Welsh Government is supported up to the value of 50% of the overall eligible training costs.
How do I apply?
The application process is simple and straightforward. All you need to do is complete an initial Expression of Interest form that triggers a referral process. A Welsh Government Employer Relationship Managers will be in touch to discuss your application further.
Further information and the expression of interest form can be found via the Flexible Skills Programme | Business Wales Skills Gateway (gov.wales).
Contact Ifan Glyn, Senior Hub Director on 07769 687 227 or send him an email.