The Master Builder Awards celebrate the incredible achievements of Master Builders across the UK, showcasing examples of high-quality craftsmanship, exceptional customer service and building excellence. The Master Builder Awards help to recognise the significant contribution that small to medium companies make to the construction industry. From new residential homes to major commercial developments, Master Builders help to build a better future for the UK every year and the awards provide an opportunity for members to showcase their hard work.
The 2021 Master Builder Awards are expected to open in October 2020. Further details on how to enter will be announced here on the website nearer to this time. Members of the Federation of Master Builders will also be notified by email when nominations open.
With the exception of the Apprentice Award, the Master Builder Awards are only open to companies or individuals who are members of the FMB at the time the nomination is submitted or are applying for membership and will have become members before the 31 January 2021.
If you are a member of the Federation of Master Builders and you are considering submitting an entry, you can start preparing now. Members are encouraged to:
- Check out some of the award winning entries from 2019.
- Start gathering details of any projects you would like to enter into the awards including a description of the brief for the project, the type of work involved, project value and location, as well as details of any standout features, project highlights and challenges.
- Compile high quality images and video (if applicable) of the project, or arrange to take good quality images as these will be essential for an entry to stand out. See our Guidance on photography for tips on taking the perfect photo.
- Speak to the client about your intention to enter – you will need the client’s permission to put the project forward for an award but they can remain anonymous.
- Ask your client for a testimonial that you can include in your award submission.
- Once you’ve gathered this information, why not add it as a case study to your Find a Builder profile and company website in the meantime?
If you are interested in sponsorship opportunities at the 2021 regional and national awards please email [email protected]