In this video David Guiterrez of FMB member company AMIC Ltd talks about the key things every homeowner should know about working with tradespeople. Originally produced and shown at the 2021 Homebuilding and Renovating Spring Virtual show.
Key points discussed in the session include:
- The importance of planning ahead
- How to find the right tradespeople to work with you on your project.
- Checking building regulations governing work on your home.
- How to budget for your build.
- The importance of signing a contract with your builder that covers all work undertaken.
- Setting ground rules such as start times and use of bathroom facilities.
- Prepping your home before works can get underway.
- The value of regular meetings and communication between you and your builder.
- Reviewing your builder's work when the job is complete.
Check out the articles below for more information on how to make your home renovation project a success: