In this video Dennis Weeks of FMB member company North London Loft Rooms Ltd explores the various types of loft conversion in order to help you decide which one is right for your home. Originally produced and shown at the 2021 Homebuilding and Renovating Spring Virtual show.
Key points discussed in the session include:
- Factors to consider when deciding if your loft is suitable for a conversion.
- The main types of loft conversion and their different characteristics.
- Whether or not to include a bathroom in your loft conversion and the implications of doing so.
- Do you need planning permission?
- Compliance with building regulations.
- Timescales and costs, and how best to handle these in discussion with your builder.
Check out the articles below for more information on how to make your home renovation project a success: