Originally produced for the Masterclass stage at the 2021 Homebuilding and Renovating Winter Virtual Show, this video shows Tony Hateley of FMB member TH Developments Ltd offering advice on how to plan a budget your build and avoid unnecessary difficulties.
Top tips offered in this presentation include:
- Identifying the full scope of the works you intend to have done prior to getting your project underway.
- Getting full, itemised quotes from prospective contractors prior to starting.
- Considering whether you need full or part-managed project management services from your main contractor.
- Being upfront and honest with your builder about your budget / maximum spend.
- Discussing potential sticking points with your builder early on to mitigate the impact of unforeseen expenses.
- Signing a contract with your builder covering the full works, with a provisions for changes if necessary.
- Advice on how to pay your builder.
Find a Builder
Find vetted and independently inspected Master Builders in your area.
Check out the articles below for more information on how to make your home renovation project a success: