2023 Master Builder Awards nomination prize draw
Terms & Conditions
1. The promoter of this prize competition is the Federation of Master Builders (Limited by Guarantee) (FMB), registered in England under No. 368163. Our Head Office address is David Croft House, 25 Ely Place, London EC1N 6TD.
2. The promotion is for two prize draw competitions.
- Prize Draw 1: To win a DeWalt TSTAK toolbox from TradePoint.
- Prize Draw 2: To win a mystery prize (details to be announced).
Who can enter
The prize competition is open to anyone who has submitted a nomination for the 2023 Master Builder Awards aged 18 years or over and who has done so by 24 December 2022 for Prize Draw 1, or submitted a nomination by 11 January 2023 for Prize Draw 2.
3. Each nomination will be treated as a separate entry. There is no limit to the number of entries to the competition for the prize draws.
4. In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win.
5. There is only one of each prize available to be won. The prizes are:
- Prize Draw 1: One DeWalt TSTAK toolbox
- Prize Draw 2: A mystery prize (details to be announced)
6. Prizes are subject to availability. There is no cash alternative for the prize.
7. The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize (or any part of it) with an alternative prize of equal or higher value.
9. The prize for Prize Draw 1 is supplied by TradePoint Limited, Head Office address B&Q House Chestnut Avenue, Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO53 3LE.
How to enter
10. For Prize Draw 1, the competition will run from 9.00am on 7 October 2022 (the "Opening Date") to 5.00pm on 24 December. For Prize Draw 2, the competition will run from 9.00am on 7 October 2022 (the "Opening Date") to 5.00pm on 11 January 2023 (the "Closing Date"). All entries must be received by the Promoter by no later than 5pm on the Closing Dates. All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified and will not be counted.
11. To enter the competition, you must submit an online nomination for the 2023 Master Builder Awards by the Closing Dates mentioned above.
12. By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
13. The Promoter will not accept:
a) responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
b) proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
14. The Promoter will not accept entries that are:
a) not eligible award nominations as set out in the 2023 Master Builder Awards Terms and Conditions;
b) automatically generated by computer;
c) completed in bulk;
d) illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
15. Two winners will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received before the Closing Dates, by the Promoter in the presence of an independent observer.
16. The Promoter will contact the winner(s) personally as soon as practicable after the Closing Dates, using the telephone number or email address provided with the Master Builder Awards nomination.
17. The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted or are not available within 28 days of the Closing Dates, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the entries that were received before the Closing Dates.
18. Please allow 28 days for delivery of the prize.
Data protection and publicity
20. The Promoter will publish the name and/or business name of prize winners and, if applicable, their winning entries on the FMB website or send the name and/or business name of major prize winners and, if applicable copies of their winning entries, to anyone who emails [email protected] or writes to the address set out in condition 1 (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one month after the Closing Dates of the competition.
21. If you object to any or all of your name, business name and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter [email protected]. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
Limitation of liability
22. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, or that of its employees.
23. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to extend, hold, void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition or any part of it without prior notice or compensation where it becomes necessary to do so.
25. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
If you have any questions regarding the Master Builder Awards or any issues regarding the submission of your nomination or entry into this competition please contact [email protected].
Federation of Master Builders Limited, Star House, Star Hill, Rochester, Kent, ME1 1UX Reg No 368163 (England) Limited by guarantee.