We are a family run firm established over thirty years ago consisting of father mother daughter anew grand-daughter and two glorious grandsons the latter we hope will keep GCL Damp Proofing & Services in the public eye well into the millennium.
WE SPECIALISE IN THE FOLLOWING:
- Dampproofing using the following: Triton and Sovereign Chemicals Biokil Crown and Safeguard.
- Chemical Injected damp proof courses to BS 6576 Code of Practice using environmental friendly fluids.
- Wet & Dry rot and Woodworm eradication using water based chemicals.
- Below ground Tanking System for all walls that are lower than the outside ground level. In particular Cellars and Basements where we can turn the latter into habitable rooms. Above Ground Tanking for internal areas where access to both sides is limited and to Chimney breasts where the brickwork is dense.
- Liquid laid membranes are useful for any floors that are showing rising and pentrating damp as this system is cost effective with little or no disturbance.
- Black mould control involves carrying out certain procedures but as there are no known absolute cures to this problem then each individual problem needs to be assessed.
- Wall tie replacements are necessary when the existing fishtail type ties have corroded due to a chemical reaction with the black mortar used some seventy years ago to the extent that the tie corrodes thickens and lifts the brickwork so that cracks appear horizontally.
- Structural Stitching is a further method whereby a building which is suffering from ground movement and stepped cracks have appeared to the brickwork or where the outer brick/stone leaf is bulging or where the complete wall is moving away from the inner timber floor structures then the latter can be stabilised in a cost effective manner with little disturbance and no unsightly steel plates or concrete blocks showing to the outer brick/stone work.
We can discuss any of the above listed treatments in more detail and offer excellent Guarantees ranging from FIVE to THIRTY YEARS.